MDTA Priority Structural Bay Bridge Repairs
ANDY HERRON, CCM, CHST
Overall Project Value (M)
Official Project Title
Maryland Transportation Authority
8019 Corporate Drive, Suite F
Nottingham, MD 21236
MDTA Priority Structural Bay Bridge Repairs
Project Date: Ongoing
The scope of work for this contract involves performing structural steel, concrete, and miscellaneous repairs that are Priority Repairs (designated as Unit 1 and Unit 2 Repairs). This contract also contains On-Call Repairs, which are required on an as needed basis, and as directed by the Engineer.
All Priority Repairs and On-call repairs are performed on the twin structures, and the William Preston Lane (WPL) facility, which is not limited to the bridges, toll plaza, sign structures, gantries, etc.
On-call task order repairs to the bridge structures, toll plazas, sign structures and gantries, etc. include all labor, equipment, materials, etc. necessary to perform upgrades, replacements, and new construction, as directed by the Engineer. Such repairs will include the following:
- Repair and replacement of piers, pier caps, pedestals, abutments, and barriers.
- Jacking bridge steel beams and other superstructure components under traffic and restoring bearings on piers and abutments.
- Repair or replace beams, girders, and other structural members via plating and other structural methods.
- Repair or replace damaged bridge fender systems and/or dolphins.
- Repair cracks in structural steel and/or welds of bridge beams/girders including cleaning and painting of the structural steel as required.
- Destructive and non-destructive testing as necessary to determine existing condition of structures.
- Repair or replace concrete at bridge abutments and pier caps as well as concrete repairs to slope protections at abutments.
- Repair or replace damaged toll booths, canopies, and concrete toll islands.
- Fabricate and Install Bridge Hangers.
- Miscellaneous repairs, enhancements and modifications, which may be security related or potentially emergency related.
- Construction, repair, retrofit, or replacement of concrete bridge barriers.
- Construction, repair, or replacement of concrete bridge deck repairs.
- Repair piers in water and install pile protective devices.
- Placement of riprap, grout filled bag, and other methods of scour protection.
- Providing access for in-depth inspections of facility components, including, but not limited to suspension cables, suspender ropes, truss members, other superstructure and substructure elements, etc.
- Repair of suspension cables, cable wrappings, suspender ropes, and other cable components.
- Cleaning and painting of various components not incidental to structural repairs.
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of various electronic systems and instrumentation such as acoustic monitoring devices, strain gages, and testing equipment for load tests.
- Construction, repair, or upgrade to various highway components including roadway, signs, sign structures, lights, light poles, guardrails, impact attenuators, travel plazas, parking lots, etc.
- Scheduled general maintenance and greasing of mechanical components as directed by the Engineer.
- Construction, fabrication, repair, replacement, or installation of toll gantry structural components.
- Drainage system repairs and replacement, including joint seals, troughs, drop inlets, pipes and culverts, under drains, scuppers, downspouts, etc.
- Subsurface investigations and foundation work.
TIS Duties for the MDTA Priority Structural Bay Bridge Repairs
True Inspection Services (TIS) provides Construction Management, Administration, and Inspection Services. TIS also provides a variety of managerial services including ICPM/CPM schedule review, budget management, facilitates monthly progress meetings, holds formal partnering meetings, monthly and quarterly safety inspections, force account tracking, change order processing and mitigation. Additionally, TIS provides oversight of the quality control inspection program and staff through all phases of construction.
Andy Herron, CCM, CHST
Mr. Herron is a Certified Construction Manager and is currently overseeing the project management for the MDTA Priority Structural Bay Bridge Repairs Project. Some of his duties include facilitating formal partnering meetings, CPM schedule review, and project assignments. In addition, he drafts and provides recommendations for Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements. Finally, he manages the construction budget and generates monthly expenditure reports and future cost projections for the Deputy Director of Construction.
Anthony Wayne Bridge Dehumidification
Toledo, OH | 2018 - 2020 | $19M
U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation
Richland County, OH | 2020-2023 |$62M
Let's Work Together. START TODAY!
605 MIAMI STREET STE 200
URBANA, OH 43078
EASTON TOWN CENTER
4200 REGENT ST STE 200
COLUMBUS, OH 43219
539 ROCK SPRING RD
BEL AIR, MD 21014