U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation
LEAD STRUCTURES INSPECTOR
Overall Project Value (M)
906 Clark Ave.
Ashland, OH 44805
Richland County, OH
U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation
Project Date: Ongoing | Anticipated Completion Date: May 2023
This U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation will reconstruct U.S. 30 between state Route 309 and Fifth Avenue in the City of Mansfield. In addition, the project will replace pavement along U.S. 30 and also includes:
- Replacement of various bridges, construction of a median barrier, and shoulder widening along U.S. 30.
- Upgrade of ramp merge from the eastbound State Route 13/State Route 545 entrance ramp to east of Fifth Avenue.
- Resurfacing of Longview Avenue from State Route 13 (N. Main Street) to state Route 545 (Olivesburg Road).
- Construction of new eastbound State Route 13/State Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. The new ramps will be constructed between the existing ramps, which will be removed as part of the project.
- Resurface the westbound State Route 13 entrance and exit ramps and replace pavement on the eastbound State Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. No changes will be made to the existing ramp geometry.
- Increase the vertical clearance under the State Route 545 and the Fifth Avenue bridges.
- Remove the bridge over a driveway off of Longview Avenue.
- Complete maintenance on the U.S. 30 bridge over State Route 13.
- Add corridor lighting and replace the right-of-way fencing.
More importantly, work for this U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation will address deteriorating pavements and poor bridge conditions on U.S. 30. Further, it will improve outdated design features to reduce the number and severity of crashes on U.S. 30 and its interchanges. U.S. 30 was originally constructed beginning in 1956. The road was most recently repaved in 2010 with pavement repairs in 2017, but the concrete base beneath the asphalt has decayed and requires ongoing repairs. The original bridges remaining in this section are also nearing the end of their lifespan.
Construction began May 2020 and will continue through May 2023.
TIS Responsibilities for this U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation Project
TIS was awarded the Construction Inspection contract of the U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation in February of 2020. Staffing requirements include:
- 2 Project Inspectors
- 1 to 2 Structures Inspectors
- 1 Coatings Inspector
- 1 Traffic, Signal & Lighting Inspector
- 1 Soils and Aggregate Inspector
- 1 Construction Engineer Level I
Work for the U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation Project is ongoing through the following pay items:
- concrete pavement
- asphalt pavement
- jacking and boring
- lighting items
- structural steel
- drilled shafts
- bridge decks
Lead Structures Inspector
Mr. Busher handles all structures on this project, which includes demolition and complete reconstruction of 4 bridges along US30. In addition, he is also involved in some of the roadway construction elements such as: drainage, excavation and embankment, aggregate base, waterline installation and maintenance of traffic. Finally, he is providing project documentation and photographic verification by entering information into Mobile Inspector.
Lead Asphalt/Utilities Inspector
Mr. Vogt will provide construction inspection services on this roadway rehabilitation project. Further, his role will include the inspection of utility installations and asphalt paving operations.
ODOT District 2 | 2016 - 2018 | $12.5M
Let's Work Together. START TODAY!
871 S. MAIN ST
URBANA, OH 43078
EASTON TOWN CENTER
4200 REGENT ST STE 200
COLUMBUS, OH 43219
539 ROCK SPRING RD STE 202
BEL AIR, MD 21014