Latex Modified Concrete Overlay
ANDY HERRON, CCM, CHST
Overall Project Value (M)
Official Project Title
8019 Corporate Drive, Suite F
Nottingham, MD 21236
MDTA Latex Modified Concrete Overlay
Project Date: Ongoing
The William Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge (Chesapeake Bay Bridge) is a major dual-span bridge in the state of Maryland. Spanning the Chesapeake Bay, it connects Queen Anne’s County with Anne Arundel County. The Deck Rehabilitation to be performed under this Contract is located on the Westbound W.M. Preston Lane, Jr. Memorial Bridge in Anne Arundel County and Queen Anne’s County. The work to be performed under this Contract includes the following.
- Installation, maintenance, resetting and removal of all Maintenance of Traffic measures.
- Removal of portions of the existing concrete deck to the limits shown on the Plans, including milling deck surface, using both mechanical milling and hydro-demolition.
- Full-depth patching in areas and replacing existing reinforcing bars may be necessary.
- Placing latex modified concrete.
- Placing a Silane Sealant over all deck surfaces.
- Removal of existing portions of existing joint assemblies and modification of the existing assemblies including installation of new hardware.
- Removal of existing overhead lane use signal gantries, attached signs, attached lane use signals, attached access platforms, and portions of existing ITS/electrical systems.
- Installation of new lane use signal gantries, including attachment modifications to the existing structure and installation of new lane use signals on the new gantries including new electrical wiring and controls, and re-installation of existing signs.
- Installation of new access platforms at gantry locations.
- Removal and replacement of existing bridge railing posts.
- Grinding, patching and paving existing approach pavements.
- Any other work detailed in the Contract Documents and/or required to complete this project.
TIS Duties for the Latex Modified Concrete Overlay Project
True Inspection Services (TIS) provides Construction Management, Administration, and Inspection Services. TIS also provides a variety of managerial services including ICPM/CPM schedule review, budget management, facilitates monthly progress meetings, holds formal partnering meetings, monthly and quarterly safety inspections, force account tracking, change order processing and mitigation. Additionally, TIS provides oversight of the quality control inspection program and staff through all phases of construction.
Andy Herron, CCM, CHST
Mr. Herron is a Certified Construction Manager and is currently overseeing the project management for the MDTA Latex Modified Concrete Overlay Project. Some of his duties include facilitating formal partnering meetings, CPM schedule review, and project assignments. In addition, he drafts and provides recommendations for Change Orders and Supplemental Agreements. Finally, he manages the construction budget and generates monthly expenditure reports and future cost projections for the Deputy Director of Construction.
MDTA Bay Bridge Maintenance Access Features
Annapolis, MD | 2020 - Current | $5M
MDTA Misc. Suspension Span Bay Bridge Rehabilitation
Annapolis, MD | 2018 - Current | $8M
Let's Work Together. START TODAY!
605 MIAMI STREET STE 200
URBANA, OH 43078
EASTON TOWN CENTER
4200 REGENT ST STE 200
COLUMBUS, OH 43219
539 ROCK SPRING RD
BEL AIR, MD 21014