Project Date: Ongoing
The scope work includes providing the labor, equipment, materials, etc. necessary to perform repairs and/or modifications to existing maintenance access features and to install new maintenance access features, as defined by this IFB and the Contract Plan, including the following summary of items:
- Replace damaged or deteriorated catwalk walking surface grating and cover plates.
- Rehabilitate the catwalk channels and supporting members.
- Replace damaged or deteriorated catwalk railings and connection components.
- Replace damaged or deteriorated ladders, ladder rungs, and safety cages.
- Install new ladders and safety cages.
- Replace the ladders and platforms within the West Bound Anchorage Piers.
- Replace missing access hatches and deteriorated access door hinges.
- Replace broken suspension cable stanchion components.
- Installing new access features (stairways, ladders, railing, locks) to improve safety and security.
- Miscellaneous Repairs.
TIS Responsibilities for the MDTA Bay Bridge Maintenance Access Features
True Inspection Services (TIS) provided Construction Management, Administration, and Inspection Services. TIS provides a variety of managerial services including ICPM/CPM schedule review, budget management, facilitates monthly progress meetings, holds formal partnering meetings, monthly and quarterly safety inspections, force account tracking, change order processing and mitigation. Additionally, TIS provides oversight of the quality control inspection program and staff through all phases of construction.